Office 2010 quick installer problems – Office running in 256 colors
After installing Office 2010 from quick installer (~1,5MB file) you can encounter two problems:
- You can’t run word just typing winword in start -> run
- Your word and excel is switching your video card settings to 256 colors
Second problem may be fixed by running word as administrator. Right click on link, than settings and compatibility tab and “run this program as administrator” check. Of course it is not so good solution if it is “corporate” computer with limited user priviliges. UAC will show up and user will not be able to run it.
- Download full installer of Office 2010 under http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-office-2010-backup-FX101853122.aspx
You need serial number and valid Microsoft Live ID (or you can create new one).
- Uninstall Office from computer.
- Install Office from 894MB installer.